Monday, May 23, 2005

Rasam - soup juice!

I've never heard that before.It happened during lunch time today,when Roopa,Hari,Norma and I were sitting and chatting in the lunch room about Indian food.In the course of conversation,we spoke about the typical south Indian dish,Rasam.And Norma called it,SOUP JUICE!I just burst out laughing!Haven't ever heard of that version of rasam's identity before!But it made perfect sense. For an American, not used to the Indian tongue,rasam would indeed be soup juice!An unforgettable moment!

The day began with Ashwin dropping us off at office on his way to return his rented car.Pretty much saddled with work all day.Had brought rotis along for lunch, but no side dish. So Hari and I went down to the canteen and had cheese castilla!Fattening,again!But I'm jogging since yesterday!

Received long emails from Emilie,Kamala,Nirish and Subha and replied to all of them!Nothing like a friend's email to cheer me up.Oh yes!Sent in my next article for zine5,this time its about my spotless shoe!

Chatted with Fred and got an approval to take a half day on Friday;off to Houston and New Orleans, you see!Can't wait for Friday lunch time to arrive!